Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What did I do

I have been growing Aiden's hair out since March I saw this cute picture in the spring childrens place add. I fell in love. It has been a long and treadfull experience ....I hate the growing out process. It was starting to look like the picture and Micah the other day said I think it needs some trimming again ( he wasn't liking it) So we went to the same lady we have been going to and showing her again the same picture of the hair I love. Anyways she took my comment of my husband not liking the hair to a different level and totally chopped it before I could say "wait stop" after it was done, I was like eh I could live with it until it grows out, but that only lasted a day. I couldn't stand it ....is it me or am I totally paranoid. I treat my kids hair like my own. Anyways, his hair looked like a big mushroom ..i know i know thats so rude to say about your kids hair but seriously it did. The next day my dream of having his hair look like this .....
(The hair I was trying for)

went down the drain. (sigh) I went back and got his hair all the way cut so at least it had some style to it, but I still like the longer hair so maybe in another 8 months it will turn out the way I like it....thats just so far away. I should have never cut it. First of all it was so easy to do especially when he hates doing his hair or having any kind of hair gel on it. This new haircut requires gel.
Before the hair cut...it was almost there just needed a (little) trimming


After the trimming (the mushroom style)only lasted a day.

The final hair cut. This was his style that he had before we tried to grow it out. The high maintenance style I call it. Here goes many mornings of argueing to get his hair done.

6 comments:

lindsey v said...

Oohh, sorry!! I know, that hair style is so hard to explain to people! (for me anyway) We are growing Ben's out too and we have pictures in 2 weeks and I'm too scared to get it trimmed even though he really needs it.

Valery G. said...

The BOWL is the best! You are a great mom because you care. Some moms wouldn't even think about it. I sure love ya.

Happy Birthday Tonya. Hope your day treats you just right!!!

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

i understand! but for what's worth he is just so darn cute no matter how his hair is done. i wish Alex's hair would grow long but it just grows out so we have to keep it short and spikey

sinika said...

Ollie's hair is different every time he gets it "trimmed" too. Long (boy) hair is hard for people to understand. You know what Ton? We should just learn how to do it ourselves and then it would always be the way we like it!! :) Ha! I've tried in the past and I suck at it!

Heidi said...

Sorry about the hair, but I think he looks adorable anyway. He was so fun to have over the other day, he's such a good kid.

Jessica said...

I love long boy hair too! Everyone keeps telling me I need to cut Edmond's hair but I'm growing it out.