Friday, October 31, 2008

Uh crap!

I probably shouldn't be using that word term but it fit perfectly in the day I had yesterday. To start off on the "crappy" day I had ..speaking of crap, yep thats what started my crazy day. Mason is learning to potty train but he will not poop in the toilet. Usually I catch him before he actually starts pooping in his underwear, but this time I didn't and unfortunately we were at target. I had to clean him in the sink of the restroom. Then we got home and I gave him a bath and sure enough five minutes later i look over and there are little poops and poop particles surrounding him. So gross!!!!!

I had to make dinner for a lady in my ward and of course I got a late start I didn't make it to the grocery store until after masons nap. We got to smiths and of course Mason was screaming the whole entire time because we left his mqueen cars and he has to hold them everywhere we go. Then when we were loading the car I could here this whistling sound and I looked down and there was like a five inch screw sticking out of my tire. Right then I just started to sob I sat there trying to pull the stupid screw out or in so I can drive it home but it wouldn't budge. There was no way I was driving it home sticking out like that because I already ruined the other back tire which still had our spare on...so ya I couldn't switch tires either. I went inside hoping to see someone to get me a ride home because I had to drop off dinner in 20 minutes. AHH! I spotted my cousin who would take me home and then I found my neighbor. whew! She kindly took me home. My car is still at smiths because of course micah was in wyoming and wasn't going to make it home until the next morning.

I am just so greatful that those kind of days don't happen everyday.

3 comments:

Josh and Erika Thorne Family said...

Oh Tonya I'm so sorry! I hate those days too. It seems like when it rains it pours sometimes. i'm glad you were able to get home alright. I'm sure that your act of service won't go unrewarded. hope you have a better day!

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry! That sounds like it was an awful day, you poor thing, when all you were trying to do was service! I swear it can't just be one thing, when I have a bad day like that it is more than I can handle. Hopefully you have better luck!

Christine said...

Wow. Unreal. And you're amazing. The cool thing is that you still went through with it all, with all the opposition. We have a little boy hooked on Mcqueen too. You almost need a back up with you at all times, huh! Moms are tough. :)