Thursday, August 14, 2008

What are the chances!!!

The other day I was on Bangeter with my kids and my nephew and niece trying to make it on time to our tour of the sweet candy factory which I heard of from my sister-in-law it sounded fun and it was Free!. Of course running behind schedule I didn't realize how fast I was going until I saw the police bikes hiding under a tree off of bangeter in west jordan. Immediately I slowed down but it was too late. Panicking in fear because 1. I was going 15 over and 2. I forgot my wallet it was in my other bag at home 3. the kids were just in seat belts instead of boosters well Mason was in his car seat but the others were just in seat belts.......I roll down the window and of course he wants registration and drivers license and I said I didn't have my license on me and I was driving my moms car so who knows where her registration is.....a few minutes later he looks down and said well "slow it down and have a good day sister Magleby" and I looked up and read his badge I couldnt see his face it was hiding behind glasses and his helmet. It was Bro. Hutchings in my ward. Oh my goodness I was so lucky and he was one out of three cops that could have came and pulled me over. Oh man but the embarrassing part about it is he pulled my over three months before in west jordan for speeding too and thats when he realized we were in the same ward and let me go. Now I see him every sunday in church and I'm known as the speeding mom to him. And again the last time he wasn't the only cop there either but he happened to be the chosen one to pull me over....Seriously I am so dang LUCKY!!!! maybe I should make him cookies or something.

4 comments:

lindsey v said...

Holy cow!! I cannot believe that happened! I would just die if I got pulled over with all 3 of those things at once! (speeding, no wallet, no boosters) You should make that man cookies for a month!

tammy said...

you are lucky!!!! That is so funny! You should bring him a casserole and some brownies.

sinika said...

Yes- make him something! That was the coolest story I've heard all day! Yay for you!

Jessica said...

You speeder! That is so funny. I swear some people just attract cops. I've been pulled over so many times and I swear don't speed more than the normal person.