Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to school

Aiden started school last week and he absolutely loves it which is odd because last year he complained everytime he had to go. I knew it was going to be a good year when after we went to orientation he told me he wanted to start school that day...I looked at him surprised, but with excitement when I thought about not having to argue with him everyday to want to go to school.

He has so much fun and his teacher Ms. Amy is the coolest! Aiden just loves her to death. He liked his old teachers last year but I think he has a lot of fun with his new one. The last couple of days he tells me how he has a new friend.......sometimes I wish I had the confidence and the outgoingness of a little kid, they make friends so easily. When you are an Adult, I don't know , but for me anyways its hard to get out of my little bubble and meet new people I always feel awkward and out of my comfort zone. I wish I was more like Aiden.

The first day of school I picked him up and he met a new friend because they had the same transformer backpack but little did I know that when I bought it I was supposed to keep the little attached wallet hooked on the backpack because boy did I get chewed out he was furious when his new friend had a wallet and his didn't. But it was all good when I told him he had one and that it was at home. He rushed back into school to tell his new friend that his backpack came with a wallet too. The little friend said "no way that is cool." Little kids they get so excited over the littliest things.

2 comments:

lindsey v said...

I'm the same as you, I wish I could make friends as easy as kids do. And Ben is exactly the same as Aiden. Last year we had to argue every day to get him to go to school and this year he was so excited to start. He couldn't wait! Yay! Hopefully it lasts all year long.

Valery G. said...

Happy Back to School!!! My niece Makell started school too. She even rides a bus to her school. I am amazed how fast everyone grows up.