Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day with grandma nance







Today Grandma had kyla and quincy so we decided to go to Discovery Gateway. They had so much fun....i think i lost my camera i can't find it anywhere....UGH!! I haven't been there for awhile and they have lots of new stuff to do upstairs. We were there for so long. I couldn't get them to leave. There favorite part is still the water zone and the construction zone. By the end of the day my mom was so done. Its so funny she can't really handle four kids all day. I just laugh she's like i don't know how you have the patience because i don't. He he. I just thought to myself it's because you are getting older grandmas aren't supposed to have patience with four little kids all day long. The next day she slept all day long. Ha ha. Days like this i wish my dad was still around to see all the grandkids he has. I could picture him now playing with them at the lego part at the museum building the biggest lego statue. Oh dad how we miss you and how Aiden talks about grandpa kerry everytime he sees a big semi....he always says "thats what grandpa Kerry drove".

Things that i remember about my dad....

- always reading or watching some kind of western or scary movie on tv
- always thinking he is the most old fashion person there is...but really he wasn't i think all kids think there parents are old fashion.
- buying me the most updated cell phone.
- looking at cars and buying one even though my mom had no idea and she always got mad when he did it. he he.
- Home town buffet ---yuck! but it was his favorite place to go out to eat when we did go out.
- ordering take out at the chinese place in Riverton and ordering beef and pea pods.
- sending me to go get him a banana shake, chicken cordon blue at the river queen.
- his yummy dinners, he made up his own recipes I would ask him for the recipe and he'd say a little of this a little of that.....why didn't i write them down. Dang! I miss his chicken enchilada recipe.
- just giving me money with out my mom knowing when i was a poor college student.
- lecturing me about always driving on E ( empty gas)
- my close friends teasing him and vice versa and new friends being scared of him because he always looked so grumpy but really was just a big tender heart.
- Always giving when we had nothing to give, yep my mom got mad at him a few times for that
- Motorcycles. He loved driving his harley motorcycle until he wrecked it.
- Fishing...he always took me fishing for the day....i remember always complaining that I was too hot or bored and wanted to go home.
- Going on road trips with him ( he drove truck) it was fun especially when we went to washington D.C that was my last trip with him until i thought i was too old to go with him.
- Always asking me how to spell something( it was so annoying)
- He always bought new clothes for him and then not ever wearing them. His closet was full of new clothes with tags on them.
- Thinking I was done with my Christmas shopping until Christmas eve when he said "lets go". We spent all day at the crazy mall shopping for my mom when i already told him i finished her for the both of us...but it was never enough for him he had to get her more. ..so cute and expensive!!!!
- Paying me a dollar to make his bed he knew it had to be made before mom got home.
- Showing me how to vaccuum so you wouldn't see foot steps and only seeing vaccuum lines.
- Always having a trucking dog. I think he went through 2 shebas, 5 shorty's and 3 ikes before he finally kept one that didn't get stolen, ran over or sick. His name was Ike too, his best friend, oh were they a pair. I don't know why he named all his dogs the same name...probably because he knew how to spell those names and pronounce them.
- Always giving me a hug...when i thought that was so childish ---yep me being a stupid teenager, I wish i could get one of those hugs now.
- He always would say I hope i die before ike which he did and ike died a couple years later. Probably from a broken heart he missed my dad.


I can't believe it will be five years in just a few weeks. How the time goes by and I still miss him just as much. I wish my boys new him they would have had so much fun with him. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge of the gospel knowing that we will see him again.

1 comment:

sinika said...

I loved hearing your memories of your Dad- thanks for sharing! We need to get our boys together and go to the splash park or something....when it gets warmer.....if it ever gets warmer!