Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's never to early



Just like I did with Aiden I am teaching Mason to cook. Yep thats right he's 2 and knows how to cook scramby eggs. They are seriously the best egg crackers ever. I think only once I found some shells but thats it. They both do the same trick in cracking the egg. They crack it against the table until the bottom of the egg is barely cracked then they take a piece of the shell at the bottom and tear it off to make a hole and then shake the egg up and down over the bowl until the yolk falls out. Pretty genuis heh! Give it to Aiden to learn the trick at age 2 and pass it on to Mase. Here is Mase this morning making me some eggs. I know pretty daring letting him be that close to a hot stove but he knows its hot and does a very careful job at stirring. The only problem is that he doesn't want to stop at just one egg he wants "two uvem" They were making german pancakes on saturday they turned out so yummy.

2 comments:

lindsey v said...

You are so nice to let them help. I'm just too impatient. I'm like, no, do it like this, wait, hold that with that hand, try not to get it all over, hang on, just give it to me. My 7 year old always manages to crack an egg on the floor every time I try to let her help. And then I'm like, here let's clean it up, meaning she will help me clean and then she starts crying like she did something wrong and I'm like, you're not in trouble just help me clean and anyway, sorry for this long comment but that is why I don't let my kids help. So you are just much more laid back and nice. That's good that you are starting them young.

Cute fair pictures!

Heidi said...

Tonya
You are so cute to let mason help you, I let my older 2 but I don't have the patience for Zachy. Good for you! Hey we changed our blog address to tomandheidifam.blogspot.com visit us there!