Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mason no more money!!!!!!!

So are 24th we ended up at primary children's all day. Mason decided to swallow a penny today...it was the most scary thing ever....I was packing for our camping trip and Mason was just laying on his back singing songs and the next thing I knew he was gagging I hurried and picked him up and pounded his back but he just kept gagging and spitting up. I hurried to the phone to call 911 and he was breathing so I decided to just call the emergency if I should bring him in or not. I was so panicked ...i do not do very well under pressure like this I just panic!! I think I was scarying mason to death. I knew he swallowed something and then he said money. So i showed him some money and he pointed to the penny. He kept saying it hurts I knew it was stuck somewhere which frightened the beegees out of me. I kept thinking the penny was going to turn and then caught off his airway. My mom rushed over and took me and the kids to the ER. Unfortunately Micah had to go to Wyoming so he wasn't home until the afternoon. We got to Jordan Valley and we were there 2 and half hours before they told us that it was in his asaphagus and that they couldn 't do anything about it so they told us to go to primarys where they would take it out. So ya we had to start everything all over again at primarys and this whole time they told us not to give him anything.....the poor little guy kept saying he wanted water he was so thirsty. Anyways after 6 hours later they finally took it out which took less than 3 minutes. They put a tube down him with a balloon at the end and pulled the penny up. It was easier than they were describing it. When they were telling me I seriously just freaked out and told them I could'nt do it that someone else had to come in with him. I finally calmed down took a deep breathe and was able to be in there with him. It was done within a blink of an eye. He did so good. He wimpered a little bit but that was it....He was good the whole entire day. All he did was sleep he was so stressed and tired. Finally we got home and still after all that drama we still packed and headed up to Magleby mountain for the weekend.

No comments: